Month: January 2021

Beti Ko Padhao, Beti Ko Bachao !!

Every year, the 24th of January is observed as Bet Din (or daughter’s day).If someone ever asks me about the definition of Acche Din, I

READ MORE

Super Parent of the Month – January

Introducing our Super Single Parent of the Month, Sumayya Thayath AKA Soopermommie! Do join me as I welcome her here as she shares a story

READ MORE

Bring on the 2021 Shine!

Twenty-twenty is finally done and dusted. What an arduous year!Was there anything beneficial that we can draw from it?Well, yes, Of course!Our children got a

READ MORE

How to combat the ‘what will people say’ fallacy

I know how hard it is for us to accept that the people who are supposed to keep us safe and protected, like our dear

READ MORE

Getting into the thick of Pubic hair

So what’s the deal with body hair?  Is it a “yay” or “Nay”? Let’s begin with a story.  I was once travelling for 6 weeks

READ MORE

Dear Single Parent – Are you ready to date?

The period immediately after one’s divorce/separation/death of a partner is a challenging time. I would compare my own experience to a plotline straight out of

READ MORE

Soul – Disney – Movie Review

Friday night is always movie night.My kids and I huddle and get cosy in front of the Telly with a bowl of popcorn or pizza

READ MORE

The Endurance Sport that is Single Parent Guilt

Calvin and Hobbes, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, and our very own Jai and Veeru. Just a few iconic

READ MORE

New Year Affirmations

2020 was a big year of un-learning for most of us and one of the main things that I can confidently say that we as

READ MORE